Location: James Street, Fortitude Valley (Outside Palace Cinemas)
Date: Sunday 14th February
You know it’s true love when you are comfortable enough to sink your teeth into juicy sauce covered rack of ribs in front of each other. The messiness, that satisfying look on your face (That orgasmic look)…ah it must be love.
Ribs & Burgers has put together a list of Rib realities for all of you. Eat ya hearts out:
- The Couple That Eats Ribs Together, Stays Together – eating ribs together is the true test of a relationship! If you can get through a plate and look up at your partner, covered in sauce and meat bits and still have love in your eyes (and theirs), it’s a match made in culinary heaven!
- Hot Chili Lamb Ribs – this takes a classic Aussie flavour and smashes it with chili and is the perfect Valentine’s Day choice for the daredevil couple, or the couple that does Cross Fit together.
- Pork Baby Rack is not the name of a new female rapper from East LA; it’s a much loved offering at Ribs & Burgers, and is the preferred option by those in “new” relationships (read: minimal sauce face coverage!).
- Lamb Ribs – these are for Valentine’s Day couples who are still celebrating Australia Day, and just can’t put the Aussie Flag on their car dashboard away just yet!
- Pork Spare Ribs with sticky soy chili peanut – the ribs for the couple with FOMO. This dish has everything, and deserves to be Instagrammed, Tweeted and even put up on Tumblr!!
- BBQ Beef Ribs – the rib feast for couples who have kids; they have seen their fair share of mess and gore, and are not afraid to attack the BBQ Beef Rib with ferocity. For this couple, dining at Ribs & Burgers on Valentine’s Day is an excuse to eat uninterrupted, and without having to clean up the mess. Even on their own faces (over 1000 towelettes are used to mop up the glaze sauce covering fingers and faces daily at Ribs & Burgers, and the staff are happy to wipe faces if needs be!).
- While Shared Plates are de rigueur today for any dining establishment, ribs actually kick-started the ‘trend’ way back, oh about 35,000 years ago when a loved-up, cave-dwelling couple dined together. Ribs & Burgers is simply carrying on the tradition, albeit in a more organised, hygienic and flavour-filled manner.
Written by: Kath Rose & Associates
Curated by: Aliyah Ravat