I am going to be 100% honest. I am extremely shit at cooking. So I if I can make this, I am so sure you can too. Until a few months ago, my culinary skills were quite limited. And when I say limited I mean, I could make a cup of coffee. I’ve had to change my attitude real quick as I am ‘trying’ to be healthy. Trying being the key word.
So I love avo and ended up buying them in bulk cos Woolies had a special on. In the end I was left with about 5 which were a day away from being thrown away. There was no way I was going to throw them out, so I decided to try something different. The ingredients that I list out may or may not be accurate; I am the kinda cook who just throws everything in and hopes for the best. Sometimes it is edible, sometimes it isn’t. It’s like a Kinder surprise, you’ll never know what you going to get. “Will my food be edible today, will it not?” It’s all a mystery.
Do not hold me accountable if you don’t survive after making this.
- Hand full of almonds
- Dates (If you are on a budget, get the ones from Aldi, they are cheaper than chips and let them soak in water to soften).
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Essence
- Cacao Powder
- Some random cinnamon tea I found in the cupboard (possibility that was there for about 5 years)
- Almond Milk – So Good
- Sweet William, Dairy Free Chocolate Spread
- Frozen Berries
- Plus you will need a good blender (I can’t help you define what’s good. I just found one in the cupboard and called it a day)
- Blend almonds, coconut oil, softened dates + cashews
- Mould into the bottom of a cake tin/baking tray
- Leave in the fridge to set for 2 hours (Could be less, could be more, who knows, not me)
- Blend avocado, almond essence, cacao powder, cinnamon tea (or other random find), and almond milk (don’t put too much milk, only a little to bind).
- Lay over the base
- Re-place in fridge for 5 hours.
Putting it all together
Damn, it’s already together, but you get what I mean. Once it’s set and things, get some Gluten Free, Dairy Free chocolate spread, place in Ziploc bag and make a cut at the tip. Pretend you got this shit and make swirly designs. Top with berries.
<3 Gluten Free
<3 Dairy Free
<3 Refined Sugar Free
Written by Aliyah Ravat